Hey guys! This week is something simple – A slightly upgraded spaghetti sauce. It’s still very easy, it just got a rather fancy twist. There’s also a subtle tribute to my adopted country of Canada, in honor of Canada Day, this July 1st.
It’s smoky, smooth and herby, with melt in your mouth veal chunks. (Canadian veal, of course)
You will need:
- 1/2 baked and shredded spaghetti squash (check here for how-to)
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 c diced tomatoes – I used BC Golden Grape
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 fresh sprig rosemary/1 T dried rosemary
- 1 T dried basil
- 1.5lbs cubed veal
- 1 t maple syrup (optional but it’s not Canadian if you do!)
Lightly sear the veal cubes in butter/ghee. Reduce heat.
Add the tomatoes (both the paste and diced). Saute them for a couple minutes, then add the basil, rosemary (scraped off the stem), maple, red wine and 1 c water. Combine, and simmer on a medium-low heat until reduced and thickened (about 30mins).
Serve, ladled over the spaghetti squash.
Like this post? Pin it to your recipe boards!