Hey guys! It’s been miserably cold and rainy this week. This chilli will warm you right down to your bones with a nice health dose of spice. It’s also super easy!
You will need:
- 2lbs cubed beef or other red meat (don’t trim the fat)
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 white onions, quartered
- 1 bulb garlic, crushed into paste
- 1/2-1 cup red wine (I used Jackson Triggs Merlot)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder/flour
- 1tsp oregano
- salt+pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup chipotle powder
- 1/4 chilli powder
Brown the beef in a large saucepan with the onions.
Add everything else, add enough water to cover. Simmer on a medium-high heat for 1-2 hours. Sauce will thicken towards the end, stir frequently to scrape down the sides and bottom.
Serve with cheese on top. OM NOM NOM.
This recipe is super easy, cosy comfort food. Enjoy!
Like this post? Pin it to your recipe boards!